Virtual Leicester Marathon
We know that many of you have been making alternative plans to run the half / marathon distance over the course of this weekend. Please do not attempt to try and run the Leicester Half / Marathon route itself this weekend. A number of areas are still flooded, and those that have receded will likely be covered in mud & silt from the flood waters. All the roads will of course also be live with traffic.
However, if you choose to run the half marathon or marathon distance elsewhere, and can send us proof via a link to a Strava / Garmin recording or similar, then we will gladly post an official Leicester Marathon finishers medal out to you.
Those that have purchased T-shirts during the registration process will receive these in the post within the next few weeks, regardless of whether you complete the distance or not.
To qualify for the Virtual Leicester Half / Leicester Marathon, you must:
- Already be a registered participant for the original event
- Complete the required 13.1 / 26.2 mile distance before Tuesday 22nd October 2019
- Record your run using an app such as Strava / Garmin
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Virtual Leicester Marathon, containing a link to your recorded run as proof, along with your full name and address. Deadline for this email is Tuesday 22nd October after which no virtual entries will be accepted, giving you a full three weekends.
- We’ll then post your medal out to you at the end of October 2019
Good luck everyone and please stay safe out there!