In registering for any of our associated events you will be required to acknowledge that you have both read and understood all the text presented to you as part of the registration process, namely the statement below:
I undertake to have completed sufficient training for the race, which I understand to be physically demanding. I believe that I am medically fit enough to complete the event. I am an amateur as deemed by UKA rules and will compete on foot at my own risk.
I understand a need to limit the race and that runners need to be capable of completing the distance they have signed up for (Full Marathon in under 6 hours, Half Marathon in under 3 hours). Any runner not able to do this may be withdrawn from the race at the discretion of the race organisers. Runners will then be classed as a pedestrian and will need to complete the remainder of the course by use of pavements.
I understand that the wearing of headphones is forbidden during this event, and that doing so will invalidate my entry and lead to my disqualification of the race. I will wear my race number on the front of my running top and any alterations of the number may lead to my disqualification. I understand that the number is only to be worn by the person who has entered and it must not be passed on to anyone else. I give my consent to my photograph being taken, together with video and or media uploads on the World Wide Web, I also allow any imagery of myself to appear amongst publicity material.
Should my circumstances change and I am no longer able to attend the marathon then I will notify the organisers in advance of the event. I also understand that no refunds will be issued unless I apply within the 7 day distance selling law. Outside of this will be seen as a donation to the event’s official charity partner.
In addition you also agree to abide to our general terms and conditions detailed below:
- I must be at least 18 years old on race day to take part in the Run Leicester Marathon, and 17 years old to take part in either the Half Marathon or Relay events.
- I need to complete sufficient training for the race and confirm that I am medically fit enough to complete the event. If I am unsure I will seek medical advice from a GP before the event.
- There is a cut-off time of 6 hours for the marathon and 3 hours for the half marathon route and you will be asked to stop if you fall behind this.
- In line with UKA ruling, the wearing of headphones is not permitted during the race and that this may lead to my disqualification. Bone conductor headphones which do not cover your ear are permitted.
- Should my circumstances change and I am no longer able to attend the event then I will notify the organisers in advance. I will not pass my number to another runner without an official transfer. Any runner found to be wearing another person’s number will be disqualified. Failure to follow this rule can results in a ban and the loss of any prizes.
- I give consent for my photo to be taken at the event, and understand that any imagery may appear amongst publicity materials. I also understand that my name will be published in results.
- My personal information may be used by the Leicester Marathon, its associated organisations and agencies acting on behalf of the event, to provide you with regular updates on the event.
- Leicester Marathon reserves the right to amend the route or start time of the Marathon, Half Marathon and Relay events.
- No aids, such as roller skates, wheelie shoes, baby buggies, Nordic sticks, bicycles or other non-official wheeled vehicles are allowed on the course.
- Whilst we welcome wheelchair users, it should be noted that the course is not particularly wheelchair suitable.
- No animals are allowed on the course.
- All participants must write their name and details of any health or medications problems on the back of their race number, which must be attached to the front of your top and be visible at all times throughout the race.
- You will not be given a medal at the finish line if you do not have a race number.
- Run Leicester reserves the right to refuse access to anyone who declares false information on their application form, doesn’t make the required payment, or otherwise fails to meet the stated entry requirements.
- The Event Race Director reserves, at his absolute discretion, the right to modify, attach or omit all of the Official Rules.
- Runners may transfer their place to another runner, or defer their places only up until the stated deadlines as outlined in our FAQs.
- Your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act.
- The organisers reserve the right to delay, postpone, cancel, amend distances, or not officially time the race in the event of adverse weather conditions or other events outside of the organiser’s control. The determination of what constitutes this is reserved solely by the Event Organiser.
- No refunds will be issued outside of seven days of your initial event booking under any circumstances.